March 30, 2011

YNSC39 - Your Next Stamp Stitching Challenge



Hi All,

Today is a new Challenge over at Your Next Stamp ---- Yippeeee. Our Hostess this week is Beth and she is challenging us this week is to use Stitching on our projects (either real or faux).




When I first saw this Challenge I got pretty nervous, lol. Here is why.... I do not Sew at all. Yes you heard me correctly! I have used a sewing machine just once in my life on one card. It was pretty sad to say the least hehehe. I do have a fabulous new machine, but it's just for looks :P This week I really challenged myself. I spent all last week teaching myself how to sew on a machine LOL.  Determination is a powerful thing :) 
 
I think the most time consuming part was creating a bobbin (a whole crazy new concept to me) and threading the whole machine up.  The first time took about 3 hours HA! But, I have to say after that it just got quicker and quicker. Now it takes me about 5 minutes.  Once the machine was threaded, the rest was history.  Here is the creation I created for the Stitching Challenge...





I used Mini Fairy Fhiona and the first thought I had when I saw her was the TOOTH FAIRY lol!!! So I created a tooth shaped card to leave under the pillow for those special moments in life when one of yours losses a tooth and leaves it for the Tooth Fairy. 





I even added a pocket in the inside of the card for coins or bills. 



 I am really happy with how it all came together and I hope you guys all like it as well.

I hope you guys pass by and play along with us this week. We have a  fabulous Prize for the winner!  This is the prize for this weeks Challenge!





 We’d love to see you use a YNS stamp on your challenge card/creation,
but if you don’t have one, then you can still join in and be entered into the prize draw (but please only enter one non-YNS creation per challenge). 
As our challenge runs for 2 whole weeks you have plenty of time to hop on over to the YNS Store and pick up some of these cuties yourself! 
If you do use a YNS stamp on your challenge card/creation,
you’ll be entered into the prize draw TWICE and be 
entered into the Top Pick draw – that’s 3 chances to win!


For more inspiration please visit the other YNS DT Members (links are in my top right sidebar).  Lots of inspiration to get you started.


Thanks for visiting

6 comments:

Kerri said...

I just love this idea!!! I need to make one for my daughter before she loses another tooth:) Thanks for the inspiration, woman!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Diana!! This is such a fun and creative card!! Love the tooth shape with the darling fairy image!!
hugs,
Chris

Beth aka BR-T said...

WOW!!!! I almost fell out of my chair when I first saw this it's so clever...dang I wish you were my mom way back when $5.oo I'd have pulled my teeth for that king of cash! LOL!

Crystal said...

This is soooo super CUTE, what a super fun and creative idea, TOTALLY LOVE this design!!!

Judy said...

Your card is outstanding ! I hope I can recreate this for my granddaughter one day. :-)Just darling !!!!!!

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is just darling! Love that you shaped the card like a tooth, so cute! Hugs, Karen

ShareThis