March 28, 2011

SCF91 - Sqigglefly Challenge Patterned Paper



Happy Monday!

Wow it seems the weekend went by SOOOOO fast, there are just not enough hours and days in a weekend lol.  So to make the start of the week less painful we have a new Challenge up at Squigglefly. 



 

The Chalenge up today is to create your own 'Patterned Paper'. You can stamp it, Dry Emboss it, Heat Emboss it, etc... Whatever you like to create your own Paper. How cool is that!  

Here is the card I created using The Head of the House




The paper I created is the base of the main image.  It's my Faux Leather. I started with just a plain light tan cardstock, and sponged it with Tim Holtz Detressing ink. I totally love this look. It looks like leather.




Did you notice the stitching all over my card - Ummmm sewing machine stitching you say? For those of you that follow my blog you know that I have only machine stitched on one card the last 2 years, and it was very little and pretty sadly done lol. Well I was determined on this one.  I have a brand new Sewing Machine (A Brothers Project Runway one) and the poor thing is just sitting in my craft room collecting dust and getting rusty :P  I spent the last week teaching myself how to use it :) Now I'm a sewing loonie adding it to lots of my cards. I'm very pleased how clean it came out.

I also stamped out the paw prints paper and I just lightened up the destressing purposely to give it a different look. (more sewing haha).




I also added a yarn bow and a mouse button. HOW CUTE- epppp!!! 




Then to top it off I used a Sentiment flag.  I've been really liking the flags and incorporating them more and more.




Finally, I added the mouse trap button - epppp x 1000 LOL! How cute is that button. I found both the mouse and mouse trap buttons at Joann's Fabrics. 

We would love it if you came and played along with us this week.  We have fabulous prizes up for grabs and it's a whole lot of fun over at the Squigglefly Challenge Blog. Swing by and say Hi. I'm excited to see what you guys create for this one.

Thanks so much for visiting today!


5 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh WOW these colors are FANTASTIC, what a GREAT creation!!

Holly Young said...

oh my gosh those little buttons are the cutest things! I never would have even imagined a mouse trap button!
I love your faux leather look; so realistic! Makes me want to touch it. Great job on the stitching too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawsh girl!! This looks sooo adorable!! LOVE the fun paw prints and gorgeous layout with your colors and design!! Awesome!! HUGS

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely the cutest card evah! Love the added buttons, such a cute touch!

Judy said...

WOW....love this pet themed card ! You're very talented to say the least :-)

ShareThis