March 14, 2011

SFC89 - Spring Challenge time!


Happy Monday. Today is a new Challenge over at Squigglefly. 

 I love today's challenge as it can really be combined with other challenges very easily. This weeks challenge is to create a card that makes you think about SPRING.  How fun is that!, it's so neat to see how everyone is going to define Spring.  

When I was deciding on my card I had lots of thoughts go threw my mind like Rain, Flowers (Tulips), Tornado's LOL!, Thunder Storms, Green Grass etc... But what really really makes me think of Spring is St. Patrick's Day.  I know right after a green beer, that is when I start having urges for Spring to come so I can get in my flower beds and start planting. 

Here is the card I created for Today's SPRING Challenge:




I used MOJO 181 Sketch for my design. I just thought it was perfect for this image. My image is from Squigglefly and it's called Happy St. Patrick's Day Hat and can be purchased now from the Squigglefly Shop. Please come join us for the challenge as we have a great prize for the winner and I'm really looking forward to what everyone creates.  Head on over to the Challenge Blog and check out all the deets, and don't miss out on any of the fun.





Here's the 411 on my card. The Sparkle paper is from The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby, and it comes in tons of different colors. I just think St. Patrick's Day is all about LOTS of Green Sparkle. The DP is from the Cosmo Cricket Material Girl Pack.



I used the the MFT Hearts of Plenty Die-namics (the smallest heart) to create the Shamrock. I hand cut the Stem.  I'm really happy with how this came out. The Glitter Shamrock button is also from Hobby Lobby and of coarse I had to throw in some Twine. The Second Die is from The Cat's Pajama's and it's called APRON. I truly think this is my favorite Die so far.

AND...(drum roll please, lol) 

If you Make a purchase this week over at the Squigglefly Shop (3/12 - 3/19 midnight) you will be entered to win one of three prizes! For each image purchased, you'll be entered to win - make two purchases, your name will be entered twice, three purchases, your name will be entered three times - the more purchases, the more chances you have to win!

We'll draw three names to win:
  • First prize: Your choice of $25 worth of Squigglefly images
  • Second prize: Your choice of $15 worth of Squigglefly images






  • Third prize: Your choice of $10 worth of Squigglefly images





  • You can purchase a TON Of images if you win.

     Thanks so much for visiting and please leave a comment as I love hearing from all of you!

    6 comments:

    JanR said...

    What an awesome St. Patrick's Day card, Diana! Makes me wish I was Irish. Love that glittery paper.

    Dana said...

    Love this Diana!! That glitzy cardstock in gorgeous!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    Holly Young said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Holly Young said...

    Diana, what a wonderful St. Patrick's day card! I love the glitz!

    Marlene said...

    LOVE it!! what a fun card!!! GLITZ is da bomb!

    Anonymous said...

    WOWZER!! I love love love this girl!! Totally beautiful layout and I love the greens and sparkle!!HUGS

    ShareThis