January 31, 2011

SFC83 - Squigglefly Monday Challenge


Happy MONDAY everyone!


Today the Squigglefly Design Team is kicking off the weekly Squigglefly Challenge which we hold every Monday over at the
Squigglefly Challenge Blog.



This weeks challenge is a Sketch and a Recipe (HOW FUN!). First up is the Sketch. Create a Valentine's Day Card using the following Sketch.




Besides the Sketch, the recipe is to use red, sparkle (can be glitter, gems ... whatever you think sparkles) & of course use hearts (paper, foam, buttons...) Have fun! :) Please come on over and join us for all the fun. If you use a SF Image you can be eligible to win a free Digi of your choice. You gotta love free prizes! Here is my creation for the challenge:



I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chef images over at Squigglefly, I must have all of them now lol. I plan on purchasing the rest soon. They are so cute and so fun to color in. I used my Copics for this and it was a joy to color. Notice the cute little heart gems I added as well as red glitter to the base of the hat and chef shirt :)





I also added the same red glitter around my sentiment that I created myself on my PC. I added some fun red Baker's Twine to hold it to the card.





I also added heart paper and more Baker's Twine to the bottom of the card and used my MFT Die-namics to create scallops that I thought were perfect for the Sketch. I also added the white crinkled ribbon, as it reminded me of baking paper that's around small cakes and cupcakes. It just seemed like the perfect match. I also added a button and a material heart brad to the top corner with some small blue rhinestones.



Hope you guys enjoy and come play along. Also make sure you visit the blog as the rest of the DT has some awesome creations there not to be missed.
SQUIGGLEFLY CHALLENGE BLOG

COPICS USED: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y38, E0000, E00, E02, C1, C3, BG10, R08, R77

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful card! Love all the embellishments.

Anonymous said...

AWW!! I just adore this card!! Your coloring is so pretty on this image and what a brilliant take on the sketch too!!HUGS

Holly Young said...

Diana this is the cutest card! I love so many things about it. First of all I think your sentiment is simply adorable, and I love the little touches of glitter. Your heart button is great, and I love your border at the bottom of the card.
Wonderful coloring too!

Dana said...

I love this!! I mean I REALLY love everything about it! Great job!!!!!

Card Crazy said...

Your card is darling. I love the image you chose, it's too cute!
Sue S.

ShareThis