January 29, 2011

SC317 - I love U


Hi Everyone,


Today I decided to try something a lil different for the SC317 Challenge. I usually don't do the 'vintage' look, but I just had to give it a try. I purchased so many Valentine's Day supplies I have to use them up as quickly as I can. Okay maybe not, I have enough supplies to last me the next 10 Valentine's Day lol :) Here is the card I created....



Here is the Sketch




I used 3 different stamps for the main image: The background writing stamp is by Stampabilities and it's called Faded Text, The heart is from an old Stampin Up set I have had sitting around forever called Polka Dot Punches and the I LOVE U stamp is also Stampabilities. I stamped everything on regular tan cardstock and sponged it with Tim Holtz Destressing Inks in both Vintage Photo and Fired Brick. I also heat embossed the I LOVE U with red embossing powder. I used the new MFT die-namics Rolled up Rose Die to create the rose. This is my first time using it and I'm pretty happy with the results. I figure each one I make will get better and better - I hope lol. I also used Cork Board Paper for The background - I LOVE that stuff. Here are a few close ups ...





I used my bow easy to tie the black ribbon bow. That thing is the bomb - I can not tie a ribbon to save my life - Ha! The heart button is from Hobby Lobby. I also added black and white Baker's Twine, but I sponged it up with some Vintage Photo Destressing Ink to take the whiteness out of it so it matched better with my card. I also dry embossed the red panels with Hearts and Dots that you can see a lil better in the close ups.




The black stripped paper is so yummy it's from Stampin Up and it's so shiny. I thought it added a lot to this card.

Hope you guys like it and thanks for visiting. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is really stunning!! I love your take on the sketch and your Vintage looks brilliant!!TFS! HUGS

ShareThis