February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Sweetie :)

Here is my second attempt at Card Making :0) I made this card for my boyfriend's birthday which was today. What a fun day ...lots of fun!






I used purple as my base color since that's his fav color. The yellow was added for fun lol. I blinged up the Happy Birthday with Doodlebugs Sugar Coating, which I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! It's a very fine glitter and it goes on so nicely and evenly. I'm not sure you can see it clearly in the picture but I blinged it all out lol.



Supplies used:

- Changito Happy Birthday Stamp. Omg I love these Monkies, they are adorable!!! They are created by Stampendous and I will have to buy the whole line now lol.

- Coloring is done with watercolor pencils. This was my first shading/coloring of a stamp and I'm very pleased with the overall outcome tho it was not an easy process I must say. I will just need to keep practicing.

- The CS, Cardstock, is from The Paper Studio

- Ribbon is from Ribbon Trends. I bought 2 rolls, 6 feet each, for a $1 at Hobby Lobby. What a deal :)

- Purple eyelets were added for a little extra something

- The flower is actually an iron on that I purchased at Walmart in the sewing section. The iron ons came in a variety pack with green, pink, and purple. I thought the color matched well with the card so ba...bling :0)

- Glitter is actually 'Sugar Coating' by Doodlebug Designs Inc, which I applied with my handy dandy Zig-Zag Pen. I purchased a multi pack of the Sugar Coating and now I'm going to HAVE to get the big bottles of this stuff, since I was so impressed by the quality :0) I added a pic of the multi pack of Sugar Coating so you can see what it looks like. I used my 45% off coupon to purchase it in Hobby Lobby.

TFL! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and please leave comments, would love to hear what everyone thinks of my new card :) All comments are welcome.

No comments:

ShareThis